Harry Styles plays 15 shows at Madison Square Garden

Jane
The banner hung above MSG in honor of Styles’ accomplishment

Former One Direction singer, Harry Styles, has been a solo artist since 2017. He has performed at Madison Square Garden in years prior, but not to the extent that he has accomplished this year. On August 20, Styles began his 15 night residency live on tour in New York City at Madison Square Garden, lasting until September 21.
Madison Square Garden staff made sure each seat had its own feather boa for the fan to wear during the show. The boas along with the music marked the arena as Harry’s House.
A Senior at Bernards High school, Maggie Dolan, attended Harry’s final concert on Wednesday September 21. “I went to the concert with my mom, and everyone was so happy the whole time. I loved how he interacted with the crowd. He opened with ‘Daydreaming,’ and I began to cry.” Maggie then mentioned that her seat had a pink boa on it. She was thrilled to find that it matched her outfit perfectly.
Harry’s concerts were not cheap, tickets ranged from $320 and up, but according to Dolan, “it was worth every penny.”
Madison Square Garden seats about 18,000 people a night. During his time in New York City the garden was flipped into “Harry’s House”. The venue was filled with specialty foods, exclusive merchandise, ect. Along with nearby subway stations being filled with the same merchandise.
Many of Harry’s fans who attended “Love on tour” at Madison Square Garden were ecstatic about the outcome of the concerts.
He ended his tour by giving a speech. Gayle King joined him on stage and gave him his banner. She announced to the crowd, “We don’t want to say goodnight to you Harry,” a reference to the intro of his hit song “As It Was.”
A banner will forever hang above the stadium that reads, “Harry Styles 15 Consecutive Nights At The Garden.”. This banner represented his accomplishment of selling out MSG for 15 nights. He told his fans in the crowd, “Any time that you come to Madison Square Garden and you see that, remember it’s because of you. That is ours.” Styles is now the third musician to receive this banner from MSG.
Harry Continues his “Love on Tour” tour to Austin Texas where he will perform at the Moody center on Wednesday, September 28, 2022.