Two new movies to be filmed in local towns

With New Jersey becoming a popular spot for filmmaking, two upcoming movies will be filmed in Bedminster and Bernardsville.
In Bernardsville, the movie about heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, called “Iron” will be filmed.
Mike Tyson was the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA, and IBF heavyweight titles. Additionally in 1988, Tyson became the lineal champion after he knocked out Micheal Spinks in only 91 seconds. He triumphantly held his world heavyweight championship nine times.
In 1988,¨Iron Mike¨ moved into his house in Bernardsville NJ. Today, there is a rumor about a biopic being filmed in his old estate. Mike Tsyon relocated to Bernardsville when he married Robin Givens and moved out eight years later when Givens filed for a divorce.
The movie will feature a story about Tysons life focusing on his conflicts not only inside but outside the boxing ring from marriage struggles to bankruptcy and even jail. Jamie Foxx will be assuming the role of Mike Tyson. Ever since he met Tyson at a stand up comedy show, Jamie has dreamed of this role. Although Foxx is a remarkably talented actor, he has admitted that he has had to go through intensive training to bulk up for his role. This exciting movie is expected to be released late 2021.
Only a couple towns over in Bedminster, British film-star, Naomi Watts will be starring in the horror movie, “Goodnight Mommy.”
According to My Central Jersey, there will be a “‘very small cast,’ with just the mother and a set of 12-year-old twins, and a few other actors.’”
“Goodnight Mommy,” is a remake of an Austrian cult horror movie. The set will require a 25 by 30 foot barn to be built, which will later be burned down.
As movie set locations have been moving closer and closer to Bernards, residents of both Bernardsville andBedminster are finally able to welcome the cast and crew of soon to be released films.