Artist Feature: Molly McEntee

Artist Feature: Molly McEntee

Molly McEntee: A high school artist who effectuates confidence through personalized clothing

Through a stressful duration of high school, finding an escape outlet can be critical for most teens. A rising artist in Bernardsville High School, Molly McEntee, is driven to effectuate confidence in teens through personalized clothing and looks.

Molly is a 17-year-old senior who has attended a Catholic school, a middle school at Saint James School in Basking Ridge and BHS, she is currently taking an AP Art and Design course.

Molly uses art as an outlet for expressing creativity, her journey as an artist began at a young age, for she was constantly surrounded by an artistic influence, leading her passion for art to broaden.

McEntee’s central goal is to help people gain confidence through personalized clothing. 

A particularly memorable moment in her high school career was when she saw her subject in a state of confidence after wearing the attire she assembled; which essentially helped her witness her goal play out in real life.

Art has always served as a stabilizer and escape for worries no matter what form for Molly, obtaining the ability to express herself while indulging in moments of stress has remained beneficial throughout her lifetime.

Although Molly is unsure what she is going to pursue in the future, she is interested in fashion marketing and merchandising, and hopes to continue her path as an artist.

Molly’s favorite piece is from an assignment called “Review, Revise, Remix,” which consisted of choosing a previous assignment like her “Order vs Chaos” piece, and remixing it. The adaptation to the earlier item emphasizes how thought-provoking and eye-opening the AP Art and Design course truly is.