Students Share Input on what Should Replace Closing Bernardsville King’s

In recent years there have been many changes to the Bernardsville Plaza. In past years, the Burger King was removed, and replaced by the Blo Me Dry hair bar and a Chipotle. Most recently, the Kings grocery store was taken out of the Bernardsville strip mall just a few weeks ago. Kings happened to be one out of two big chain grocery stores in Bernardsville. More people are expecting the ShopRite across the street to be flooded with more people. Now, what should replace it? A survey was sent out to get opinions from Bernards High School students, and here are the results:

41.3% of people said they would like a Trader Joe’s

28.6% said they would like a Wawa

20.6% said they would like a Target

1.6% said they would like a Playa Bowls

1.6% said they would like a KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, or other joint establishment

1.6% said they would not want anything similar to a food establishment or a Trader Joe’s because it would cause more traffic

1.6% said a Dean’s or a Whole Foods

1.6% said a Home Depot

1.6% sid an Ice Rink

Kings was a popular place for student’s of Bernards High School, and when asked what they would miss most about the Kings, here is what a few student’s had to say.. “Before long cheer practices, me and my friends would go get chicken from the Kings, as well as their fries, it will for sure be a missed routine now that it is gone,” says Alexa Flynn, class of 2021.

“Everyday before marching band practice, or a football game, we would split up to get food, and me and a few others would go to Kings to get a meal since it was so convenient and it was walking distance. I am graduating that year, but I am sad that marching band members can’t go to Kings to show some of the freshmen that little tradition.” Michael Tropp, class of 2021.

“During the fall play freshman year, I always went to Kings to grab a snack after a long school day, and I would normally stop at Starbucks on the way back so it was like a perfect trip for me. I was also able to get a few things while I was there to help my mom out a little! Sad that it’s gone but I am excited to see what it will become!” Mya Szydlowski, class of 2021.