Buccaneers Defeat Chiefs In Super Bowl LV

The Tampa bay Buccaneers have defeated the Kansas City Chiefs 31-9 in Super Bowl LV. Led by Tom Brady, the Buccaneers win their second Super Bowl in franchise history at their home stadium, while preventing the Chiefs from going back-to-back.

The game’s first score was a Kansas City field goal, and despite taking the initial lead, that would be the only lead of the Chiefs for the night, as the Bucs took off and never looked back. With 37 seconds left in the first quarter, Brady  threw a screen pass to Rob Gronkowski for an 8 yard touchdown, and from there on out it was all Tampa bay.

Brady found Gronk again for another score in the second quarter, and after another Chiefs field goal that made the score 14-6, Brady led the Bucs on a 71 yard drive down field, which resulted in an Antonio Brown touchdown, making it 21-6 going into the half.

Harrison Butker hit a field goal for the Chiefs about four minutes into the third quarter, and that was Kansas City’s last score. Tampa Bay, however, would end up going on a 74 yard drive in the third, capped off with a 27 yard touchdown run by Leonard Fournette, and later in the quarter, Ryan Succop hit a 52 yard field goal, making the score 31-9. That would be the final score. 

Brady won MVP of the game with a stat line of 21/29 completions, 201 passing yards, and three touchdown passes. 

Kansas City’s Patrick Mahomes went 26/49 on passing attempts, 270 passing yards, and two interceptions. Though the stat sheet may look bad, Mahomes’ disappointing performance was not at all his fault.

He was missing both of his starting tackles, Pro Bowler Eric Fisher and All-Pro Mitchell Schwartz. Mahomes’ receivers also seemed to be out of it, not catching passes that they would normally catch. 

However, that was also due to the Buccaneers defense, who had a great game. Defensive Tackle Ndamukong Suh had 1.5 sacks, while Outside Linebacker Shaquil Barrett also had one. Linebacker Devin White had 12 tackles, two of them for a loss of yards, as well as an interception. Rookie Safety Antione Winfield Jr. also had an interception to go along with six tackles and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Brady’s stellar performance only further cements him in the history books, and as an all time great. Brady now has more rings than any other franchise does Super Bowl wins, now with seven. Brady has shown no signs of slowing down, and at the age of 43, going into his 22nd season, he doesn’t look to be stopping any time soon.