Ariana Grande Releases her Sixth Studio Album “Positions”

Ariana Grande Releases her Sixth Studio Album Positions

After previously being reluctant to release music during the pandemic, popstar Ariana Grande has released her sixth studio album, Positions, on October 30th. Positions is a far cry from her last album, the number one billboard hit, Thank u, Next.

Unlike her previous album, which was released shortly after the death of her ex and good friend, Mac Miller, Positions debuts a healed Grande, happy and at peace with the world. In the opening song, “shut up” she sings, “All these demons helped me see (things) differently/So don’t be sad for me.” Growth and strength are themes explored on this album, as well as positivity and spirituality, as seen on “just like magic,” and learning to love again, i.e. “off the table” and “safety net.”

After the previous few years Miss Grande has had, it is fair to say that she has earned all of her happiness and success. In May of 2017, Grande suffered a deadly terrorist attack at her concert, and just two years later experienced a very public breakup with her then-fiance.

Positions offers a reflective perspective, i.e. “write some love letters to heaven…” but one that is also at peace with the past, and focused on a positive future.

The album features collaborations with three other high profile artists, including Doja Cat, The Weeknd, and Ty Dolla $ign. Grande explores other genres, such as a bit of breathy retro-funk in “love language,” and R&B in “west side.” However, Grande never drifts too far from pop, with each song including elements of the genre she is best known for.

Positions currently holds the number one spot on the Billboard album chart, her third number one in just over two years. The album opened with an astounding 174 million streams, with Grande herself being the third most-streamed artist in the world on Spotify, with over fifty nine million monthly listeners. Positions was instantly a hit with fans, as Grande’s popularity only continues to grow, she once again leaves everyone in anticipation for what is to come next.