Donald Trump’s first 100 days

On November 8th, 2016, Donald Trump shocked much of the nation and won the presidency of the United States.

Despite Hillary Clinton being favored in the majority of national polls, voter turnout for Trump was massive, leading to an incredibly close election that would result in him coming out on top.

Inauguration day is January 20th, giving Trump around two months to prepare for the role of leader of the free world. Trump has already began creating his transition team.

At the helm is his Vice President elect Mike Pence. Trump seems to be surrounding himself with greatly experienced republicans such as Pence and former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani.

Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie was originally on the team as well, but many insiders have reported Trump is “disgusted” by the way Christie has handled the Bridgegate scandal and he’s been kicked from the team. Either way it is clear, Trump is making up for his lack of political experience by bringing of people with just the opposite.

However, one of the main questions being asked is, what is Trump and his team looking to get done right off the bat?

Ever since Franklin D. Roosevelt first boasted of what he would do with the first 100 days of his presidency, this has become a theme. Trump’s plan for his first 100 days seems to keep changing, but there are some aspects that seem to be set in stone.

One of the selling points of Trump’s campaign and something he has stressed so much is his plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

There is no doubt that Trump knows the importance and necessity of universal health care in America, however he believes ObamaCare is not the answer. Throughout his campaign Trump had said he would completely replace it, but in a recent interview on 60 Minutes, Trump said there were some parts he wanted to keep.

Another one of the key components of his first 100 days is to get control of immigration. He’s become pretty famous for wanting to “build a wall” and has called for mass deportation of illegal immigrants in this country.

Trump’s plan keeps on changing, and it’s a bit unclear as to how he plans to get the wall built, but it is a top priority of his list.

Cleaning up corruption in Washington is also something Trump has continuously brought up. He speaks about how politicians are “owned” by special interests who give tons of money to them.

Contradictory, the transition team Trump has created is filled with politicians who have a lot at stake in special interests like Rudy Giuliani. Trump’s first hundred days are sure to be filled with huge change. ObamaCare could soon be a thing of the past, and a plan for a Trump Wall could soon be in motion.