Top Winter Movies

With the cold weather creeping in, many people like going to the theater to enjoy a good movie. Whether you like action, comedy, or adventure, there is are upcoming movies that appeals to all.

1. Office Christmas Party is an adult comedy movie, which will be released on December 9th. In the movie main character Carol Vanstone (Jennifer Aniston) is the CEO of her own company who threatens to close down her brother Clay Vanstone’s (J.T Miller) branch. As the branch manager, Clay decides to throw a huge christmas party to impress clients and save the day. However, as viewers will find out, the party gets a little out of hand. Senior Vinnie Gonzalez said he’s excited because it “seems like it would be a funny movie to watch”.
  1. Rogue One, the latest Star Wars film, will be released on December 16th. Although it is very different from the previous Star Wars movies, it will still hold the action-packed scenes Star Wars fans know and love. This episode will chronologically take place after Star Wars: The Force Awakens. In the film, which picks up after the formation of the Galactic Empire, the Rebel Alliance are in search for recruits. Two heroes have to steal the Death Star plans in order to save the day. For Star Wars fans, Rogue One is a must-see movie.
  1. Assassin’s Creed is an action adventure movie that will be released on December 21st. In the film, Callum Lynch (Michael Fassbender) is forced to to relive the memories of his past ancestor, Aguilar de Nerha, who was an assassinated during the time of the Spanish Inquisition. While reliving these memories, Lynch soon learns Nerha’s moves in order to confront assassins he faces in the present day.
  1. Passengers is a romantic action sci-fi movie which will be released December 21st. This movie takes place in the future, where 5,000 people venture on the Avalon spaceship in search of a new planet. The people are put into hibernation pods for what is supposed to be 120 years, when a ship malfunctions, leaving two people Aurora (Jennifer Lawrence) and Jim (Chris Pratt) awoken 90 years too early. Having to team up together to find a way to go back to sleep the two find that they find more problems on their hands. English teacher Mrs. Ryersen said, “This movie sounds like it would be a great action movie to watch and would be suspenseful and reminiscent of the movie the Martian.”
  1. Silence is a historical drama that’s a great family movie releasing on December 16th. Two Jesuit priests will go through the adventure in the seventeenth century to face violence and abuse when traveling to Japan to find their mentor (Liam Neeson).Helping propagate christianity throughout their adventure around the Middle East.  

While many people enjoy staying in and watching Netflix, going to the theater to see new movies is a fun activity that you can do with friends or family. These movies include a great variety of comedy, family friendly, and adventure along with romance too.