Top Five Halloween Movies to Watch

Everyone loves bundling up on fall nights and watching movies! Here is a list of five movies to watch this October to get in the spirit of the season. These movies range from young children films, to old classics, and to out right horrifying flicks!

1. Hocus Pocus is a family friendly Halloween movie choice. This movie is rated PG, and released in 1993. The film takes place in Salem, Massachusetts where in 1693 three witches were executed, but 300 years later they were awoken and given life by teenagers, where now it’s their responsibility to save the town from the witches who are seeking revenge.
  2. Halloweentown is a family film that’s rated PG. It’s a Disney Channel original movie, released in 1998 about Marnie Piper a young child, who was never let out on Halloween for no given reason by her mother. Their grandmother comes to visit them and wants them to celebrate the holiday. The mother wants her children not to be raised as a witch but the grandmother has different thoughts. The movie shows the journey into a different world where Marnie learns the ways of the witches. Junior, Cassidy Reyda said, “It’s a great family movie to watch during this time of the year.” There are also sequels to this movie, Halloweentown II, Halloweentown High, and Return to Halloweentown
  3. Casper, a 1995 movie, is about a friendly ghost that haunts a house in Maine. The film follows his journey meeting new friends that he forms relationships with, but his Uncles are tricksters and causes trouble among them all. Casper is rated PG and is a family movie.
  4. If you are looking for a good thriller, Scream will do the trick. It is rated R and was released in the year 1996. It’s a horror film about a small town where a killer is on the loose and no one can be trusted and a place where no one knows the truth. It’s a good fit for people who want the excitement and adrenaline from a movie. Junior, Erin Cunningham said, “Scream is one of the best Halloween movies of all time, you can’t go wrong watching it.”
  5. Halloween is a film that is also rated R and will give you goosebumps on that cold October night. It was released in the year 1978, it is about a young boy who kills his brother and is sent away to prison. While being moved for a court date, this young boy manages to escape. He wonders off and searches for new victims. Halloween has a sequel called Halloween II

screen-shot-2016-10-26-at-9-35-29-am