New Music Mondays!

Image result for spotify person listening

This week’s theme: Here’s a list of fun throwback songs to bring back some good childhood memories. These oldies, but goodies will be sure to make you smile and add some happiness to your day!

1. Club Can’t Handle Me – This song by American rapper, Flo Rida, is a catchy, dance pop piece that features David Guetta and Nicole Scherzinger. This was a huge hit during the summer of 2010 and was featured in the movie Step Up 3D. “Club Can’t Handle Me” topped the charts in Poland, Ireland, Portugal, and the United Kingdom as well as peaking at number nine on the Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S.
  1. I Gotta Feeling – This pop hit spent fourteen consecutive weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100. “I Gotta Feeling” holds the record as the most downloaded song on iTunes of all time as of February 2010. According to Billboard, “I Gotta Feeling” was the 2009 song of the summer. This song is guaranteed to bring back good summer memories for people of any age.  
  1. One Time – This hit of 2009 was pop idol, Justin Bieber’s, breakout hit.  “One Time” charted in a list of countries as well as certified platinum in Canada and the United States. The music video for “One Time” cumulated over 490 million views on YouTube and birthed the well-known “Bieber Fever” phenomenon. “One Time” was considered a national anthem for teenage girls all over the globe, and will not be forgotten any time soon.
  1. Replay – British Virgin Islands recording artist, Iyaz, blew up in fame after the release of this hit song in 2009. This single reached the top of the UK Singles Chart and remained at number one for three weeks. Iyaz has yet to receive as much fame for one of his songs as he did for “Replay”. Though seven years later, this song can still be played at any party or event and have everyone singing along.
  1. Down – “Down” is an R&B/dance-pop song by British singer Jay Sean, featuring American rapper, Lil Wayne. It reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in October of 2009, making Jay Sean the first British singer to obtain a number-one single in this chart since Coldplay’s “Viva La Vida” in 2008. “Down”’s catchy beat and uniqueness helped it reach such fame and can still be heard over the radio today.