Khloe Kardashian’s New Denim Line

screen-shot-2016-10-26-at-9-27-24-am

Kylie Jenner has seen incredible success on her makeup line, but she’s not the only one in the family with recent entrepreneurial successes.  Khloe Kardashian recently released her new denim line called “Good American Denim”, with her partner Emma Grede. The girls of the family are fashion icons, with people all over the world imitating their styles. Khloe used her vast influence on social media to help promote her brand.

Khloe said she believes that “everybody deserves to be shown off”, and created the line with all body types in mind, because she has been body shamed in the past, and wants every woman to feel beautiful in jeans. The line sells all different types of jeans, in a variety of types of washes. They come in three main styles including a classic skinny style, a looser boyfriend style, and a high-waisted style jean. Her prices for the line range from $149-$215, and come in sizes 0-24. She really tried to make these jeans different from the rest – more comfortable, realistic towards women’s curves, and better-shaped. Kardashian and Grede have spent the past year working on this project, perfecting the line.

Khloe picked models through her social media platform, allowing aspiring models to apply to model for the line through Instagram. She chose models who inspire and empower her, hoping to send the message that everyone is beautiful, and being super skinny isn’t a necessity. Khloe has faced many insecurity issues throughout her life, and she is using this line to spread positivity for women.

Bernards has always been a very fashion-focused school, so it would not be a surprise if Good American denim is seen in the hallways of our school, especially with the holiday season coming up. Although the price is still high, it most likely will not stop some fashion-forward students in our school from purchasing them. Also, since Nordstrom is such a popular store among teenage girls in particular, the line should be a huge hit. Junior Lauren Browne said, “Although it is expensive, I see that it caters to different body types so it might be worth it for people who have trouble finding comfortable jeans that fit them.”

This line will be sold through the Good American website and at Nordstrom stores as well.“I’m fighting for all the real girls and all the girls with hips and curves,” Kardashian stated outside a Nordstrom in LA during Tuesday’s Good American launch party. “We’re doing a denim revolution!”