Trump’s comments towards women

With the upcoming elections and the recent statements that have been said about women by presidential candidate Donald Trump, a few questions have been raised. Is Donald Trump, a man, who so easily degrades women, someone the american people want in office?

No, Donald Trump is not someone we need in the oval office. There are many reasons why we do not need Trump in office, but one of the many reasons that really sticks out is the way he treats women. Footage was released on October 13th of Donald Trump having a conversation with Billy Bush in 2005 talking about how when you have fame, women let you do anything to them. Trump says in the footage released by the Washington Post, “When you’re a star they let you do it,” and other statements such as, “You can do anything.” Throughout the rest of the video Trump continues to talk about a time when he sexually harassed a woman. Many Trump supporters continue to stand by Trump and defend him saying things across the lines of how, “It was ten years ago and it should just be brushed off”, and how us as a country have bigger concerns and we should just put this past us but freshman, Caitlyn Martinez said, “Trump is not someone we should have as a candidate, we should have a candidate that shows a step towards everyone not just women but every race, every gender, and every color.”

While there is really no way to say if some of the things Trump has said about women are appropriate, being a presidential candidate, however there are some ways you may be able to justify what he has said. For example, the footage of Trump and his comments towards women was filmed all the way back eleven years ago in 2005, and because it was so long ago it may not portray the current Trump. Many Trump supporters are also saying that it is not uncommon for a man to say things about a women. Freshman, Jackson Tantleff said “Everyone does it, locker room talk is normal, so it is okay.” Men say things about women that they may not mean or may not think is offensive to women all the time, so why can’t Trump?

If the accusations made about Trump’s statements in 2005 are true or false, it does not take away to the fact that some of the things said in the video released by the Washington Post is extremely unacceptable and not a characteristic our country needs in office.