Popular Holiday Presents Through the Year

Every Christmas, millions of children come downstairs to a tree surrounded with toys. Every year there is one toy that every child wants, and it is proclaimed the most wanted toy of the year. This article will throw everyone back into their childhood with a timeline of the hottest toys from 1995 until 2010. In 1995, the top selling toy was milk caps that  could be  collected and play games with, similar to tiddlywinks. In 1996, Buzz Lightyear was the toy that would take kids imaginations to infinity and beyond. In 1997, teletubbies and tamagotchi both sold a massive quantity. Teletubbies were the best poseable figure, and tamagotchi was the coolest thing on the playground. In 1998, Furby took the shelves by storm as parents rushed to buy the interactive pet. In 1999, the board game “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” was a huge hit with children and adults alike. In 2000, Teksta robot dogs were a phenomenon with the youth of the world. These robotic pets responded to touch, sound and light. In 2001, Bob the builder and all of his handy construction pals were the top item on many young children’s lists. In 2002, Bratz dolls were a popular item for young girls who had a flair for fashion. In 2003, Beyblades were a sudden hit in japan, and almost instantaneously sold out. In 2004, Robosapien, a radio controlled robot was an item with last minute deliveries. In 2005, MP3 players, X-Box 360 and Playstations were popular for the growing number of technological advancements. In 2006, the Wii was the top selling item of the year, with a partnership in lego games. In 2007, Iggle Piggle was the top selling item for preschoolers everywhere. In 2008, the High School Musical dance mat was a popular item with the young girls of the time. In 2009, the go-go hamster was the top selling toy with almost daily restocks to stores. In 2010, Toy story 3 was a huge hit with children of all ages.