Top 10 Things to do on Halloween

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

This year students may be thankful that Halloween falls on a Saturday, but some may be filled with boredom before the night even starts. For those who are already in their costumes, and have nothing to do, here are some things that can help fill up the dead time during the day.

1. Pumpkin Picking

The first thing you can do this halloween is pumpkin picking. Wightman’s farm is the perfect place, it is family friendly and you can have a great time with your friends. Also, you can go on a hayride to get to your destination. Wightman’s farm has an abundance of pumpkins and they also have pre-painted pumpkins that you could buy if you are too lazy to carve your pumpkin or even pick them.

1. Pumpkin Carving:

As soon as you get home from a fun day of pumpkin picking, you can continue the fun with pumpkin carving. It is a fun DIY you can do by yourself or, with your friends and families. You can carve elaborate pumpkins but, if that’s not your thing you can do a simple carving. For inspiration look up your ideas online, and have some fun with it. This can really make your boring day exciting.

3. Hanging out with Friends:

When in doubt, invite some friends over to hang out. It can be really fun when filled with boredom to have some friends over to bake, watch scary movies or look up fun halloween DIY’S online and try to figure them out.
4. Play Halloween Pranks

Nothing is more funny that seeing your friends scared to death. When your friends come over, you can come up with a genius plan to scare one of your friends. For one you can dress up as something scary, use fake blood, startle your friends trick-or-treating or if they are scared of bugs you can buy a rubber replica and put it on them.

5. Corn Maze:

One exciting thing you could do on halloween, is go to a corn maze. Wightman’s Farms has an awesome corn maze which is fun to go to with family and friends. This is not a haunted corn maze so for those who cannot stance the scary scene this is for you

1. Costume Contest:

During halloween you can get together with friends and family and dress up in different costumes. You guys can then vote on the best one you like. This is fun because this can give your friends a laugh while waiting for the fun night to begin. Also, you can express your creativity in many ways.

7.Apple Picking:

If Pumpking Picking isn’t your cup of tea, then you can go apple picking at Wightman’s Farm. There is an assortment of different kinds of apples. You go and pick your own apples, then you pay in the farm for how much you got in pounds. There is plenty of more fun activities you can go with family and friends. Apple picking is also a good alternative than going to the store and buying them because it gives you options between the different kinds, helps out your local farm, and they have better organic apples than the store bought ones.

8.Scary Hayrides:

If haunted houses aren’t your thing, than you have the option to go on scary hayrides. You can to a local farm and have fun with friends for the cost of not that much. This is a better option than haunted houses for some people because some people don’t like the feeling of being followed and/or being in tight spaces. Scary hayrides are also fun because ypu get to tour the farm.

1. Mischief Night:

Mischief Night is the night before Halloween when you and your friends give a small bag of candy to your neighbors. This is called being “Booed”. What you do is you and your friends put together a little bag of candy and and in it, write a note saying “You have been booed. Go Boo someone else”. After that, put in on your neighbor’s doorstep. When they see it, they go to this to their neighbors and its keeps going on and on.

1. Homecoming:

The night of Halloween, you can go to the school’s Homecoming dance. It has food, drinks, and dancing. You can bring your friends and it’s only $10 with a costume and $15 without a costume. You shouldn’t miss it because it will be a lot of fun! Everyone is going to be there and it’s going to be a fun night. You can eat and dance with your friends. What’s better than that?