Spring Sports Preview: Baseball

Senior Kyle Oliver delivers the pitch.
photo courtesy of JP Tantleff
Senior Kyle Oliver delivers the pitch.

Boy’s Varsity Baseball at BHS has always been very successful throughout the years, and they expect to continue their success going into this season. They have a very talented roster, consisting of many players. “Some returning stars include Luke Bowerbank, JP Tantleff, Kyle Oliver, Ryan DeLeon, and Danny McDonnell,” says Head Coach Falzarano. “We don’t have a captain because I believe that everyone is very talented and has an equal role in the success of this team.”

There is an upcoming tournament in Florida, and the team will be traveling there to compete in it, as they do every year. Asking Coach Falzarano to predict how they will play, he stated “I believe that we will perform very well because we were great last year, so I cannot expect less for this year.” He also said they will be practicing in the gym almost everyday to get better, and will move outside to the fields as soon as the snow gets cleaned up.

JP Tantleff patiently waits for the next play.
Photo Courtesy JP Tantleff
Senior JP Tantleff patiently waits for the next play.

The Coach also set some goals for the team: “I want us to be Conference Champs and Sectional Champs, and I want to see improvement every week from the players. With some hard work and dedication, I believe we can accomplish these goals by the end of this season.” The program and its players will train hard to conquer other teams and earn the Conference and Sectional titles.

JP Tantleff, a senior on the team, said that he feels really good about the team and he said that, “We have some big spots to fill from last year, but people will step up. As of now, we’re definitely building some good team chemistry that will carry over into the regular season, which will help drive our success. The coaches and the support is great, and we just need to continue and work, and the results will come.” For him and the other seniors on this team, not being able to play on the team anymore after this year, winning the conference and sectional titles would be a great way to end their high school baseball careers.

They have been going to the weight room frequently and practicing inside diligently. They are definitely putting in the work so far, and the team is also starting to go and practice outside since the weather is getting warmer and the snow is melting. Everybody definitely has high hopes for this season, ranging from the players to the coaches.