Mr. Neigel goes on Wheel of Fortune

Mr. Neigel was recently a contestant on Wheel of Fortune
Public Domain by Pixabay

Each year, around 10,000 people of the 7.125 billion in the world get to audition for the show wheel of fortune. Of those 10,000, around 600 actually get the chance to be on the show. That means that there is a 8.42105263 × 10-10 % that you will be able to be on the show. But the student body of Bernards High School, the percent they will know someone on the show is 100%.

This is because on the episode airing on January 19th, 2015, Scott Neigel, the principal at Bernards High, will be seen on the show as one of the contestants. Although he was not allowed to say how he did until after the episode airs, he did share a little bit about the experience in an interview.

He said that “the longest and most nerve racking portion of getting on to the show was the audition.”

The first part of the audition consisted of practicing vocals needed to be on the show. The way he said they did this why just my calling out random letters and breaking off into groups and playing practice games.

The next step in the audition was the written test which consisted of 16 word puzzles. After the written test they cut down the group of contenders significantly and bring them in for interviews asking questions like “tell me about yourself.”

After the interview they tell you that in two weeks you will receive a letter saying whether or not you will be on the show. Two weeks came and went and Mr. Neigel received nothing in the mail. It wasn’t until three weeks after the audition that his wife found a letter in the mail from wheel of fortune saying that he was going to be a contestant on the show.