Why Him? Movie Review

If you are looking for some comedic relief and a fun movie to watch with friends, Why Him? Is the perfect choice. This movie follows a family during the holidays. A loving and overprotective father named Ned travels with his wife and teenage son to visit his daughter Stephanie at Stanford University. While there, Ned meets Stephanie’s boyfriend, Laird, and is horrified by Lairds careless attitude and unfiltered language. Ned becomes even more panicked when he learns that Laird plans to ask Stephanie for her hand in marriage.

Film stars James Franco and Zoey Deutch, both accredited actors known for bringing laughs to the big screen, definitely hold these standards. Both actors pack in a punch in this satirical comedy. If one has enjoyed the movie Meet The Parents this movie is just as funny and entertaining. This film is hilarious from start to finish. Marissa Chappel said, “I thought it was really funny and definitely worth watching. If you are looking for a good laugh this is the perfect movie.” Many have agreed that Why Him? is hilarious and enjoyable.

Many critics felt that the language was too vulgar throughout many portions of the movie. However the film is rated R and not suggested for anyone under the age of 17, so the language used seemed justifiable.

James Franco, well known for his wild roles, played Laird extremely well. Franco was praised for making audiences laugh with his character’s jokes and ridiculous personality. Sydney Herrick claimed that because of Franco’s role, Why Him? is “one of the funniest movies you’ll ever see.”  

Photo courtesy of Google Images

If you are conflicted about which movie to see in theaters with friends this upcoming weekend, Why Him? comes highly suggested. Enjoy a weekend of laughter and get together with friends by watching this interesting comedy!