Clinton Campaign WikiLeaks Controversies

New revelations are swirling around as over 23,000 emails from various individuals in the Clinton campaign were released by the journalistic website dedicated to revealing secret information, WikiLeaks. The document and disclosure website uncovered over 50,000 various emails from the former Secretary of State’s campaign, and is waiting to release them. These emails, ranging from a “quid pro quo” deal with the Clinton campaign and many media outlets, to information regarding Bernie Sanders, give a first hand look into how a major Democratic presidential campaign operates. One of the emails discussed the campaign’s outrage over the White House disagreeing with Secretary Clinton’s gun control reforms, with a pro-Clinton PAC (or “Political Action Committee”) CEO asking “what is the White House doing?” with a reply from a senior campaign official saying “being really annoying”.

In an email from March 2015, Clinton campaign communications director Jennifer Palmieri discussed how the media is a “hated profession” and that Secretary Clinton “now thinks less of” the New York Times since she was a younger woman, according to RT.com. Ms. Palmieri, who attacked Catholics for their “amazing bastardization of the [Catholic] faith” in another leaked email, is being called to disavow her offensive emails, including the anti-Catholic “vitriol” according to the Idaho Press-Tribune.

In a more shocking revelation from a top Clinton supporter Neera Tanden said that Secretary Clinton “doesn’t know what planet she’s on”, according to noted investigative journalist Paul Joseph Watson. The Clinton campaign director and author of most of the leaked emails John Podesta has declined to comment on a majority of the leaked topics, including Secretary Clinton’s paid transcripts for speeches to the $45 Billion asset management bank Goldman Sachs.

According to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who is avoiding extradition from the United Kingdom to Sweden by taking asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy in London, will continue leaking the Podesta emails until all approximately 50,000 are released.