NHS Trivia Night a Success

Pictured from left to right: Freddy Ludke 17, Max Stanley 17, Dr. Ferrara, Vincent Musso 16, Jeremy Castro 17, Tristan Decker 15, Siddarth Kamtamneni 16
Dan Craft
Pictured from left to right: Freddy Ludke ’17, Max Stanley ’17, Dr. Ferrara, Vincent Musso ’16, Jeremy Castro ’17, Tristan Decker ’15, Siddarth Kamtamneni ’16

On Friday, March 13th, the BHS National Honors Society held its annual Trivia Night event. Six teams – each consisting of a maximum of six students and a teacher – competed in the passionate contest held in the BHS cafeteria. Each team faced dozens of questions from a variety of different categories, which included History, Sports, Science, Art, Entertainment, and Geography.

After a heated contest characterized by competitive spirit from students and teachers alike, a team led by science teacher Dr. Ferrara prevailed as the Trivia Night champions. Vincent Musso, a junior and member of the past two Trivia Night-winning teams said of the event, “To me, Trivia Night is about good, friendly competition and the spread of knowledge and neat facts”. He went on to add, “The best part about Trivia Night is getting to test how much you and your friends know about anything and everything”.

While the event has become a fun tradition for BHS students, it has also served as a fundraiser over the years. This year, the proceeds from the event are being donated to BHS graduate Katie Meyler’s More Than Me Foundation.

NHS members were heavily involved with putting on the event, coming up with trivia questions, as well as serving as runners and judges. Seniors Maggie Fischer and Dan Craft, emceed the event, supplemented the trivia questions with amusing commentary.

Members of the top four teams got to pick from an array of prizes donated by local businesses Lenny’s Pizza, The Bookworm, Friendly’s, and Bow Tie Cinema.